ORPHEUS-Twins – two independently tunable optical parametric amplifiers designed for high repetition rate operation. Both OPAs are integrated into a single monolithic housing and share the same white light continuum source as seed for amplification. ORPHEUS-Twins provides two outputs, independently tunable in the 630nm – 2600nm range and pulse durations below 200 femtoseconds. The design of this OPA offers completely hands-free wavelength tuning and automatic Signal/Idler separation, also ensuring the same position and direction for all wavelengths. ORPHEUS-Twins integrates two mini spectrometers for online monitoring of output wavelength, with self-calibration and laser diagnostics function capabilities.
Operation of ORPHEUS-Twins is based on amplification of white light continuum. A small portion of the input fundamental beam (1030nm) is used to generate a supercontinuum in bulk medium, which is then split 50/50 to seed two separate OPAs. The rest of fundamental beam is used to generate the second harmonic at 515nm, which is then split between two amplification stages to pump the nonlinear crystals. The temporal overlap and crystal angle tuning is automated through motorized translation and rotation stages. The output beam from the housing consists of two collinear beams – signal and idler, which are then separated in an external dichroic mirror wheel. At the output of this separator both – signal and idler – beams are available. The residual fundamental and second harmonic beams are also available through dedicated output ports.
- Designed for high-power and high repetition rates (200kHz – 1000kHz), can accept up to 25W of pump power (at 1MHz pulse repetition rate)
- Single output beam position and direction through the whole tuning range.
- Automated wavelength separators for hands-free operation.
- Compact design leaves more table space for your experiments.
- Integrated spectrometers monitor the output wavelength of OPAs in 650nm – 1050nm wavelength range.
- The pulse picker integrated into our lasers enables single pulse and pulse-on-demand operation for your application
- Residual fundamental (1030nm) and second harmonic (515nm) beams available through dedicated output ports.
- Optional fresh second harmonic is accessible when one of the OPAs is not used.
- Pulse durations of <200fs out of the box, no additional pulse compressors required
- The package includes a MS Windows® laptop computer with standard WinTOPAS OPA software + additional LabVIEW based software for OPA control and wavelength monitoring